Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 42: Matthew 12:46~50

Jesus' Mother and Brothers
 46While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."[g]
 48He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

1 comment:

  1. The spiritual mother, sisters and brothers of Jesus are the members of His church. His church is composed of people, not building, that are faithful to Him and follows His ways.

    On the question whether Mary had children, other than Jesus, all I can say is that whether or not she had, she rightfully deserves our love, respect and admiration for her faith, courage and obedience to God. Praying for her intercession should be considered seriously by any follower of Christ considering her biological relation to Jesus. In fact, this was dramatically shown during the wedding in Cana. Finally, if you respect the son yet ignore or disrespect the mother, how would the son feel?

    ReplyDelete