Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bible Reading Guidelines and Suggestions

First and foremost, I am not a bible teacher like Chuck Swindoll, Charles Stanley, Bo Sanchez, Socrates Fernandez, etc.. I am just your everyday kind of guy. However, I have an aspiration -- to finish reading the entire bible. I haven't done this before, and I am inviting you to come and join me.

Thank you to those who already expressed their support, encouragement and participation in this noble quest.

Before we will jump in, allow me to cite a few things like why I used a blog, the guidelines, and suggestions in this bible reading.

WHY USE A BLOG?
(1) I tried posting in FB but it appears that I can't post long passages; the number of characters were limited.

(2) A blog is more appropriate because this is like a diary, only online.

(3) Everybody can comment, no restriction.

(4) No one can post other articles which makes it cleaner and easier for us to track Day1, Day2, etc.

(5) There is an automatic link that allows us to share the passages to FB, Twitter, etc.

GUIDELINES
(1) This is a bible reading, not necessarily a bible study. (I'm not trained to become a bible teacher.)

(2) I will do my best to post everyday.
     The only day I cannot post is when I am somewhere without internet connection. I will title each post: "Day # -- Passages #"

(3) I will post purely passages from the bible
     I will just post my reflection, if any, in the comments. However, there maybe cases wherein I will post testimonies and sharings specially if it will encourage us.

(4) Anyone is FREE to express his or her thoughts regarding the passage or reflection, no restriction. Just click the word 'comments' in blue right under each post.

(5) Anyone is FREE to share this to their friends, relatives, etc. to spread this great daily habit. There's a link to FB, Twitter, etc. at the end of each post.

SUGGESTIONS
(1) If you decide to follow this blog I suggest that you read your own bible.
     I will be using NIV but other bible version will do.
(2) If you pick up a tidbit of wisdom (aha moment) from the passages, I suggest that you write it down on the margin of your bible near those passages.

(3) If you have questions and suggestions that you don't want others to read, just e-mail at dailysnacksforthesoul@gmail.com. This e-mail is not yet full.

(4) When the road becomes very stiff, remember that we are doing this to express our love for God, and appreciation for His words.

(5) If you receive blessings through reading the bible everyday, please share it with us in a form of a comment to encourage us. Or e-mail it to me at dailysnacksforthesoul@gmail.com, and I will post it, with your permission.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," goes a saying. Tomorrow, we will begin. It won't be easy and there will be challenges ahead. But we won't quit!

PS: Please feel free to send me your suggestions. You can post it here as a comment. Just click the word 'comments' which is colored blue. Or you can send it to me at dailysnacksforthesoul@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment